Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I Love Intelligent Humor :D

"Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers."

~ Stephen Fry: "Language Conversation" from A Bit of Fry and Laurie

While watching this sketch, I couldn't help but think of Noam Chomsky, and his famous meaningless sentence "Colorless green ideas sleep furiously". Consequently, I was not surprised when I found Fry's turn of phrase in the above article. Apparently someone else has already made the same connection. :D

At any rate, I have discovered a British comedy series that I want to see more of! For those of you who don't immediately recognize Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie, think Blackadder. Or for those on the western side of "the pond" think V is for Vendetta and House, MD.

No comments: